Saturday, September 6, 2008

To The Girl I Have Known Since 1998...

(I presented Kinnari with this one on her birthday)

I met her first at our college chess tournament,
I can still vividly remember that moment!

At that time, we were in the Vocational stream,
That I would get such a true friend, never did I dream!

It was in this very year that the seeds of our friendship were sown,
Years later, today, I look back and see how beautifully it has grown!

By looks, she looked calm, composed and at the same time, bold,
I discovered only later that above all, she possessed a heart of gold!

Whenever I was in need, she helped me in every way,
Never have I met a more caring friend, I would say!

She is very hardworking and humble,
At the same time, she is so simple!

She is well on her way to becoming a professional,
The way she has maintained our friendship is exceptional!

Though, I now miss her company very much,
We have always tried to stay in touch!

Often, I think of her when I look through the window and gaze,
Each time I speak to her over the phone, a smile lits up my face!

Among all friends I have met, she has been the dearest,
For all her future endeavours, I wish her the very best!

No comments: