Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Tribute to my Mentor

(I penned these lines on Megha's farewell)


Oh, I always dreamt of working in her team,
At that time, a very far-fetched thought it did seem.

Then, one fine day, the stars governing my fortune shone bright,
She asked me if I wished to work with her – I said ‘all right’!

I was full of awe by her grace, professionalism and conduct,
She focused on people in her team and ‘work’ followed as a by-product.

She had this uncanny ability to communicate crystal clearly,
She went the extra mile to understand each of us thoroughly.

She emphasized on the understanding and purpose behind every task,
She always had a suitable answer to any and every question we’d ask.

She was the ‘queen’ when it concerned formatting & documentation,
Whether it be excel, word or any powerpoint presentation.

She always tried to find solutions to problems and had ready alternatives,
During her stay here at BSLI, she took up a whole lot of initiatives.

Through morning meetings, open discussions, phone and Lync,
She ensured that her team operated in perfect ‘Sync’.

She was a smart, influential, effective and passionate boss,
Without her planning & prioritizing, deadlines would’ve gone for a toss.

She understood the meaning of our responses by the tone of her voice,
To agree or not to whatever she said, we exercised a choice.

She was the rare manager, who constantly engaged in one-to-one sessions,
I learnt just by observing and talking to her, a lot of life’s lessons.

When it came to building a team, she was a manager class apart,
It is indeed difficult for us in her team to see her depart.

I tried to write about this amazing lady, as much as I can,
This poem is for you, Megha, from a die-hard fan!

1 comment:

Sharmistha said...

One thing comes out clean,
That you have eyes, that are keen,
A heart full of gratitude,
Now, that's a winning attitude,
They say, mentors are great!
But, it takes mentees like you, to make that straight!