Tuesday, January 20, 2015

To My Loving Husband

(I gifted this poem to my hubby on his first birthday post our marriage)

I was just kind of dragging along in life,
Until one day, I decided to become Jagdish's wife!

We did not meet each other often during our courtship,
Yet, we managed to develop a bond much more than friendship!

From his behaviour, he is at times North Indian, sometimes South Indian,
When he becomes naughty, he behaves like a comedian.

He often cracks PJs and together we have lots of fun,
He is not only a loving husband but also a responsible son!

He values time and is always very punctual,
Going to Ayappa temple every Sat is his weekly ritual.

He never procrastinates and hates to keep things pending,
He does not think too much when it comes to spending.

He thinks through things and has a good reasoning ability,
He can read people well and communicates with great clarity.

In many respects, he is pretty quick while I am slow,
He knows how to cheer me up when I am feeling low.

He has been a doting, caring and a very loving husband,
I am sure to have his unwavering support till the very end!

I am very happy to have him for company for the rest of my life,
I now feel extremely proud to say that I am Jagdish's wife!!

5 comments:

Lakshmi said...

Wow!! Fabulous poem. Excellent!!! wah meri frensis you really write great and easy to understand poems. Kya talent hai.. kya god's gift hai... pls teach me also this art...Superb!!

Warmest regards,
Lachu

Lakshmi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sriram said...

zubaan allah! kya farmaya hai. god bless both of you.

Uma said...

Such lovely lines, Lalitha. I'm sure Jagdish feels similarly about you. Did he like the poem?

Sharmistha said...

It's a hymn, it's a prayer!
With spark, with flare,
Of Hopes and wishes,
That life soon dishes,
I am sure, in this life,
You shall sparkle together- Jagdish and Jagdish's wife!!!